Friday, August 8, 2008

Jehovah's Witnesses Rise Again!

Thursday, 1:40PM.
I am at my stop, standing next to a woman with luggage and 3 young children, apparently on their way to the airport. I am thinking why are they headed down Fillmore to get to the airport? I decide that they know something I do not.

The bus is packed! Wait, am I actually expected to stand all the way up Fillmore? Fuck that. I try to push my way past Mr. Looky-loo, who is mentally undressing me. Ug. Take a fucking picture; it'll last longer!

Anyway, as I push my way to the back I see woman + children. Woman is seated; children are standing. Woman turns to older woman next to her and says, "Well, as a Christian, I have studied the Bible, and you Jehovah's Witnesses have it all wrong! Factually incorrect!" Oh snap! a religious debate on the 22? Sign me up!

I look over at children, who are rolling their eyes as woman launches into her take on Christianity. Jehovah's Witness shirks back a little with her literature and agrees with woman. Yes, perhaps she and her religion are wrong after all. She is not an effective missionary.

I finally sit down next to ..... someone. K, sorry about this, but what is with our need as humans to be able to determine one's gender? I mean, I feel a little lost when I can't tell if you're a man or a woman. Nice dress, though.

No comments: